Swell Sculpture Festival inspires, amuses and uplifts and captures the hearts and minds of all who visit.
Over 10 days, visitors can experience a wondrous display of over 50 sculptures built by local, national and international artists at the 12th annual Swell Sculpture Festival along Currumbin Beach 11 – 20 September, 2015. Enjoy twilight walks, informative artist talks, wander through the Swell Smalls Gallery and participate in artist master classes and children’s’ workshops.
If you are just coming for the day you are most welcome to bring a blanket and a packed picnic lunch, sit amongst the sculptures and enjoy the exhibition! The walk is 1km in length so a bottle of water is a good idea for each member of the family. There are several cafes such as Elephant Rock Cafe, The Deck Cafe, Point Restaurant and Bar @ the Rocks Resort and along the sculpture walk the Currumbin Surf Club which is at the southern end of Currumbin Beach.
Where is it?
Pacific Parade, Currumbin, Queensland 4223 AUSTRALIA
What times does the exhibition operate?
The exhibition is open all hours so you can enjoy the sculpture at any time.
The Hub, where you can obtain information, is open daily from 9am – 5pm and is located centrally along the 1km stretch of the walkway.
Visit the Hub to:
- Purchase the exhibition program and Swell caps.
- Obtain information about the children’s weekend activities, twilight sculpture walks and artist talks.
- Book into the Master Classes.
- Vote for your favourite sculpture in the People’s and Kids’ Choice Award. Place your entry in the barrel at The Hub to go into the draw for your own sculpture!
- Enquire about purchasing a sculpture.
Surf City Transfers can organise your Gold Coast Airport Transfer. For more information, contact us by simply completing the “Request a Quote” form and our booking consultant will contact with your personal quote.